Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3rd, 2011

About 7 hours of sleep gave me some good energy.  Had some things to get done before going to the box, so I ate about 2 hours prior and felt ready to go by the time I started today's training.

TRAINING:
A. Handstand Push Ups - 3 reps every 20 seconds until failure
B. Barbell reverse lunge with bar in front rack position @21X1; 6-8 reps; rest 2 minutes x4
C. Back Squat @30X1; reps of 5-3-1 @65%, 75%, 85%; rest 3 minutes between sets

RESULTS:
A. Completed 9 full minutes of HSPU - (9 reps/minute for 9 minutes) = Total of 81 reps
B. 135# x8 reps, 155# x8, 165# x8, 165# x6
C. 210# x5, 240# x3, 275# x1

Well I really had no idea how long I was going to be able to keep up the HSPU before failure, but I was happy with the end results once I counted and realized I got 81 - standard was strict, w/head to ground every time, with continuous running clock - which meant rest periods were actually only about 15 seconds each time after completing the 3rd rep.  Barbell Reverse Lunges went well, balance and high elbows in front rack position were the main factors I had to focus on besides exploding back up from the lunge position, really good builder.  Back squats felt pretty easy even after the lunges, I'm thinking my 1RM back squat is a bit higher now (currently 320#).  Got one more skill day before a tester next week...looking forward to the tester even though I know it's going to be a shock to my system.  Day off tomorrow...........

NUTRITION:
Pre-wod Meal (2 hours pre-wod):  4 pieces low sodium bacon, 1 banana w/1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop protein w/10 oz goat's milk - 28g Fat, 42g CHO, 45g Protein
+ 1 multivitamin, 1 Glucosamine & Chondritin, 1 tsp fish oil, 1 serving Max Liver

Pre-wod Supplementation (1/2 hour pre-wod):  1 serving Max Energy, 1 serving Max Glucose

Post-Wod Meal #1 (immediately following wod):  Liquid shake with 100g CHO, 50g Protein, 4.5g L-Glutamine
+ BCAA+L-Glutamine Mix

Post-Wod Meal #2 (1 hour post-wod):  small sweet potato, 4 oz lean chicken - 30g Protein, 26g CHO
+1 multivitamin, 1 Glucosamine & Chondritin, 1 tsp fish oil

1 serving Max Fibre (2 hours post-wod)

Meal #3:  1 LARABAR, 12 oz. coconut water, cashews, 4 slices bacon w/1 tbsp peanut butter - 43g Fat, 55g CHO, 25g Protein

Approximate Daily Values: 71g Fat, 223g CHO, 150g Protein 

No comments:

Post a Comment