Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday, June 13th, 2011

Rough night of sleep last night..only ~6 hours once again.  Trying to keep nutrition spot on, without nutrition being really good, I'm guessing my workouts would really be suffering...had some errands to run before training, so had a small meal pre-wod, listed below, below hitting the box.

TRAINING:
A. Clean Grip Deadlift - Build to a heavy 3
B. Clean Pulls @115% 1RM Power Clean; 1-1-1-1-1; Rest 1 minute between reps
C. Power Clean - 3 Heavy Singles; rest as needed between reps

RESULTS:
A. Built to 325#
B. 260# all sets
C. 235#, 240#, 245# (f)

Used the Clean Grip DL to set myself up for the power cleans...325# was pretty easy but just wanted to wake myself up without tiring out.  Clean pulls based on prior 1RM of 225#, focused on being fast, violent off the floor with the weights.  Then, hit two straight personal records on the Power Cleans...went right to 235# from the clean pulls and it felt pretty light considering, so then successfully completed 240#, both were PRs back to back.  I went for 245# but failed due to lack of concentration - someone (Rob) may have yelled "Protein Powder!!!" as I attempted this last one haha....still very happy with the 15# PR, I'll take it...Thanks Coach Anthony your programming has been outstanding!!! and I'm not just saying that...

NUTRITION:
Pre-Wod Meal (2 hours pre-wod):  2 whole eggs, 4 slices bacon - 18g Fat, 14g Protein
+ 1 serving Max Energy, 1 serving Max Glucose

Post-Wod Meal #1 (immediately following wod):  Liquid Shake w/25g CHO, 75g Protein
+ BCAA + L-Glutamine Mix

Post-Wod Meal #2 (1 hours post-wod):  12 oz. coconut water, 4 oz. Roast Beef - 15g CHO, 28g Protein 
+ 1 multivitamin, 1 Glucosamine & Chondroitin

1 serving Max Fibre (2 hours post-wod)

Meal #3:  5 oz. Bison in coconut oil, broccoli/cabbage mix, almonds - 28g Fat, 12g CHO, 40g Protein
+ 1 multivitamin, 1 Glucosamine & Chondroitin, 2 tsp fish oil

Snack: 1 scoop protein w/16 oz. Goats Milk - 14g Fat, 22g CHO, 40g Protein

Approximate Daily Values:  70g Fat, 74g CHO, 200g Protein

Kept CHO intake lower today based on training being heavy but low intensity....

On a separate note, Mark Carroll has decided to take some unwarranted shots at me on his blog so I feel the need to defend myself....I know you all think Mark is a nice guy that is always willing to help, but I must let everyone know what type of person he really is.  I may have once saw him steal a small child's gelati from "Rita's", eat it right in front of him, and then kick the kids puppy before walking away with a big smile on his face...I'm just sayin'........

2 comments:

  1. I can't reveal their identity but word at the box is that you and Tom are two paper tigers who cry and write down their angst in Hannah Montana diaries...so I'm guessing your complaint about Mark is written in their...lol! On a side note, Tom was my partner for today's team work out. He named us Team F and F- I chose to believe that meant Fit and Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, good work on that PR. Thats a big jump.

    ReplyDelete