Sunday, September 4, 2011

Saturday, September, 3rd, 2011

I took a rest day yesterday in preparation for the 31 HEROES partner WOD today...it was a tough one but that was the idea, we did our small part of honoring the fallen heroes and donating to the Navy Seals Foundation...these are the types of events everyone should contribute to if possible, there is no better cause...THANK YOU to everyone from Redline that came to compete along side us or came out to cheer and show their support, it's truly appreciated.

31 HEROES was a 31 minute AMRAP with a partner:

Partner #1 started with 8 Thrusters @155#, followed by 6 rope climbs, followed by 11 Box Jumps @30" as Partner #2 ran 400m with a 45# sand bag (although we only had 50# medicine balls or a 45# bumper plate...MISERABLE)...when Partner #2 returned from the run, they switched and Partner #1 ran the 400m as Partner #2 took over wherever the partner left off...your team's score was the total number of reps completed on the AMRAP

RESULTS:
4 FULL ROUNDS + 8 THRUSTERS + 2 ROPE CLIMBS

I partnered up with Mark and I'm real happy with how well we did at the prescribed weight.  Mark did a great job and completed more than his fair share of the work...I only hope to be near his level at the age of 41, it was really impressive.  I started off on the Thrusters and completed the first set of 8 Unbroken, as well as 4 or 5 of the rope climbs...I can't remember exactly, its all a blur at this point.  Anyways, we stayed steady and consistent and just worked the entire 31 minutes at a nice pace...the idea was to keep the HR in check, which I think we both did a good job with.  After Round 1 most of the rounds were pretty consistent and we were getting done close to the same point in the AMRAP each rotation.

Also, I gotta thank Anthony for my programming over the past couple months.  Every set of thrusters I completed were Unbroken and felt pretty easy considering the WOD...my strength is improving and my ability to work longer without "blacking out" is really improving.  In regards to training, having Ant program for me has been the best move I could have made.....rest day tomorrow and back at it Monday if I'm fully recovered.  If not, I'll get back at it Tuesday....oh ya I plan on consuming about 3,451,759 grams of BCAAs over the next 24-48 hours (that's just a rough estimate haha).   

No comments:

Post a Comment