Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday, September 6th, 2011

Sleep was good last night...about 8 hours and straight to the box to train before teaching the 10am....

TRAINING:
A. Muscle Snatch - 10 Heavy Singles
B. Hang Power Snatch - technique work for 10 minutes
C. Overhead Squats - 3 sets of 5 reps; Heavy; rest 3 minutes between sets

RESULTS:
A. 135#-145-150-155-160-155-150-150-145-145
B. Used 95#-115 over 10 minutes
C. 155#-160-170

Well, needless to say I need a lot of work on all forms of the snatch....My muscle snatch was only about 10# less than my 1RM Power Snatch, which tells me my power snatch is essentially a muscle snatch - not good.  I will just keep working and focusing on my second pull, which was the focus on the hang power snatch.  As I tried to keep the bar close to my body and arms straight, I found myself off-balance and shuffling my feet each rep, gotta get this right - very frustrating.  Towards the end of the OHS I began to feel a tug in my right tricep that really started bothering me, hopefully its nothing but we will see as the day goes on...gonna put an ice cup on the tricep to try and get it healed quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment