Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday, August 26th, 2011

Well work made sleep a little tough last night, only got in about 5 hours last night, had to get up and run some errands before hitting the box...1 serving Greens First, Max Energy, Max Glucose and caffeine pre-training...

TRAINING:
A. Ass to Grass Front Squats w/Chains; 3,2,1,3,2,1; Rest 2 minutes after sets of 3, rest 3 minutes after sets of 2, rest 5 minutes after sets of 1
B. Dumbbell Farmer Carries for Distance w/heaviest DB in gym; rest 3 minutes x4
C. AMRAP HSPU @Games Standards; rest 4 minutes x3
D. "Floor Wiper" Practice w/135#

RESULTS:
A. 230# (x3), 250# (x2), 275# (x1), 250# (x3), 260# (x2), 285# (x1) - All loads include the 45# in chains added each set
B.  First set traveled 100m, last three sets traveled approximately 60m/set (Used 80# DB/Hand)
C. 17,14,13
D. Completed

Front Squats with the chains were very unique, staying back on my heels was the biggest hurdle, but once my legs stabilized everything went well.  Extremely happy with the results on the front squats, my previous 1RM had been 270# (without chains) and today I hit 285# with a little extra ROM and chains - needless to say I'm very happy about my progress here.  DB Farmers Carries got rough on the traps and grip of course but got to 100m the first trip which was good for my first time...like the strongman training even though I'm only 150# haha....HSPU were solid, fatigued traps and forearm strength contributed to some less than impressive numbers but considering how I was feeling I'll take it.  "Floor Wipers" were pretty fun, good core training - did 3 sets of 10 reps, then I practiced free standing handstand holds for about 5 minutes...those are getting better everyday.  Thanks for the help coach and to show my deep appreciation for all you have done to help me improve everyday, let me say this to anyone who may read this (ALL 6-7 of you lol)...

MY COACH, OPT ASSOCIATE COACH ANTHONY DISARRO, IS ONE BAD ASS "MOFO" AND SHITS TIFFANY CUFF LINKS

Enjoy everyone, till next time................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment