Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday, August 27th, 2011

About 8 hours of sleep last night, I'll take it - better than average.  Sticking to my routine of early-day training as best I can on my non-work days...1 serving Max Energy, Max Glucose, 200mg caffeine pre-training on an empty stomach.

TRAINING:
A. Power Snatch; Heavy Singles; 6-8 sets; rest as needed
B. AMRAP KBS - 2pood (70#) in 1 Minute; rest 1 minute x4
C. AirDyne for Max Calories in 1 Minute; rest 1 minute x4

RESULTS:
A. 165#-170-170-170-170(f)-165-165
B. 26,26,23,24
C. 24,24,18?,20

Well I am really unhappy with my Power Snatch numbers...I have gained strength in every other aspect except this one - 170# was my 1RM two months ago and I failed at 175# today.  After doing some reading, I believe my second of the three pulls is lacking and being done at the wrong moment, the snatch is very technical and I am off just a bit, which makes all the difference in the world.  I am starting the second pull just above the knee as opposed to mid-thigh level, this is not something I noticed while lifting but after reading up on it i believe this was my failure point.  I will get it fixed and move up quickly with the help of Anthony, I have no doubt about that - I look forward to the challenge.  Other than that, I am really happy with how the KBS and AirDyne work went...sustained high level of output on both with very little rest periods.  The 3rd set on the AirDyne the computer monitor froze so I believe I was somewhere around 20-22 cals but the reading was 18 so that's what I recorded...regardless, I know I pushed myself hard on those.  REST DAY tomorrow followed by some more craziness Tuesday....Until then.............

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not kicking me out last Wednesday. I guess turning another year older made me forget the box was closed!

    ReplyDelete