Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday, August 22nd, 2011

Well today starts another strength-training cycle...not the best circumstances with the lack of sleep I've gotten (a total of 3 hours since Saturday night) but excited anyways so here we go!

TRAINING:
Row 1K for Time
THEN....
A. Ass-to-Grass Back Squats with Chains; 5,3,2,5,3,2; rest 3-5 min between sets
B. Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups; 15 reps; rest 2 minutes x4
C. AMRAP Push-Ups in 30 seconds; rest 30 seconds x4

RESULTS:
Row Time - 3:38

A. 240# (x5), 255 (x3), 270 (x2), 250 (x5), 265 (x3), 275 (x2) (all loads include the 45# in chains)
B. All sets Unbroken
C. 36,30,24,18  - TOTAL = 108 Push Ups

The Row went okay considering my lack of sleep...was hoping for around 3:30 so I'll take it for now but it needs to get better...it def woke me up haha.  Well this was the first time using the chains in a training session with some good weight...loved the feeling of having to stabilize throughout and each rep completed with extra depth.  Like I told coach, each set started out easy enough but became very difficult the last couple reps of each set - I def picked the right weights for my first session but I see my #'s going up quickly.  Pull Ups and Push Ups felt really strong..found it interesting that my push ups decreased by exactly 6 reps each set....thanks coach, looking forward to more chains....  

No comments:

Post a Comment