Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday, May 20th, 2011

Slept very little last night ~ 5 1/2 hours or so...I'm used to that sleep pattern and usually feel fine once I get in the gym but I also know it is effecting my training.  1 serving Max Energy, 1 serving Max Glucose pre-wod (this seems to help immensely as I attempt to get the energy to workout after little sleep).

TRAINING:
A. Snatch Technique Work - 7 minutes
B. Unbroken Double Unders - 30, 40, 50, 40, 30; Rest as needed
C. 100 Walking Lunges Slow and Steady - No Lactate

RESULTS:
A. Did sets of high-hang snatch, mid-thigh, just below knee cap, squat snatch, power snatch - did 2 reps from each position @ 65#, 85, 105, 115 - then sets of 2 of squat snatch, power snatch @125#
B. Complete in 3:32 - no misses
C. Completed

Kept weights light and really tried to focus on the technique of the snatches...although weights were light, the full squat snatches felt really solid form-wise and footwork felt better (maybe from all the single leg work??).  Double Unders was more mental than physical - I wasn't physically tired so was able to focus on hitting every rep, which I did...very happy about all sets UB with no misses.  100 Walking Lunges completed in 4:18 - I did this slow and steady to keep the lactate from building as you wanted, just timed it so you would get an idea of pacing.

NUTRITION:

Pre-Wod Meal:  2 slices bacon, strawberries, 1 scoop protein w/applesauce - 5g fat, 28g CHO, 28g Protein + the max energy, max glucose supplements mentioned above

Post-Wod Meal #1 (immediately following wod):  Liquid Protein Shake - 50g CHO, 50g Protein, 4.5g L-Glutamine + BCAA + L-Glutamine Mix

Post-Wod Meal #2 (1 hour post-wod):  Liquid Protein shot, coconut water - 36g CHO, 25g Protein

1 serving Max Fibre (2 hours post-wod)

Meal #3:  5 oz. bison, salad w/cucumbers (olive oil dressing), pistachios, strawberries - 42g Fat, 30g CHO, 43g Protein
+ 2 tsp. fish oil, 2 disgestive enzymes, 1 multivitamin, 1 Glucosamine & Chondritin

Snack:  1 scoop protein w/10 oz. goat's milk, Paleokrunch Bar - 21g Fat, 30g CHO, 40g Protein
+ 2 digestive enzymes, 1 multivitamin, 1 Glucosamine & Chondritin

Approximate Daily Values:  77g Fat, 174g CHO, 161g Protein 

Looking forward to some rest before starting next phase........................On another note, Mark has decided to post the Philadelphia Eagles as his logo on my page - although I do not approve and I want to slam my laptop every time I open it up and see that stupid black and green bird - I expect nothing less from a member of the "worst sports city in america" and will respect his choice of logos.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it. I cannot function well on 4-5 hours of sleep. I almost killed poor Ali because I was so out of it during a WOD!

    ReplyDelete